Hi friends, In this article I will explain all about the badam milk powder benefits and its delicious and nutritious drink that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It is made from almonds, sugar, cardamom, saffron, and other spices that give it a rich flavor and aroma. Badam milk powder is easy to prepare and store and can be used to make hot or cold beverages, desserts, and even savory dishes.
In this beginner’s guide, we will explore the benefits and uses of badam milk powder, and how you can make it at home or buy it from the market. We will also share some tips and recipes to enjoy this versatile ingredient in different ways.
What is Badam Milk Powder?
Badam milk powder is a dry mix of ground almonds, sugar, cardamom, saffron, and other spices that can be dissolved in water or milk to make a creamy and fragrant drink. Badam means almond in Hindi, and doodh means milk. Badam milk powder is also known as almond milk powder or badam doodh mix.
Badam milk is a popular drink in India, especially during festivals, weddings, and winters. It is also consumed as a health tonic, as it is rich in protein, calcium, vitamin E, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Badam milk powder can also be used to make desserts like kheer, halwa, kulfi, or cakes.
Badam Milk Powder Benefits
Badam milk powder not only tastes good but provides you immense health benefits as well. Some of them are:
- Brain health: Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as vitamins B1, B3, B9, and manganese, which play an important role in brain development and functioning. They also improve your concentration and memory. Badam milk powder is a great drink for kids, students, and elderly people who need to boost their brain power.
- Heart health: Almonds are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and antioxidants that help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL) levels. They also prevent the accumulation of plaque in the arteries and reduce the risk of heart disease. Badam milk powder is a heart-friendly drink that can be enjoyed by people with high blood pressure or cholesterol problems.
- Diabetes control: Almonds have a low glycemic index (GI) that does not spike your blood sugar levels quickly. They also help regulate insulin secretion and sensitivity. Badam milk powder is a good choice for diabetics who want to enjoy a sweet drink without worrying about their blood sugar levels.
- Bone health: Almonds are rich in calcium and phosphorus which are essential for strong bones and teeth. They also help prevent osteoporosis and fractures. Badam milk powder is a good source of calcium for kids, pregnant women, lactating mothers, and elderly people who need to maintain their bone health.
- Digestive health: Almonds are rich in fiber that helps ease constipation, relieve stomach aches, and improve bowel movement. They also have prebiotic properties that promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut. Badam milk is a soothing drink for people with digestive issues or ulcers.
- Skin health: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and antioxidants that protect your skin from oxidative stress and inflammation. They also help prevent wrinkles, acne, dryness, and sun damage. Badam milk powder is a nourishing drink for your skin that can make it glow from within.
How to Prepare Homemade Almond Milk Powder?
Making badam milk at home is easy and economical. You can customize the ingredients according to your taste and preference. Here are the steps to make badam milk powder at home:
Step 1: Pour 1 cup of almonds into the water and let it sit for 8 hours or overnight.
Step 2: Peel the skin of the almonds and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
Step 3: Roast the almonds in a pan over low heat for 10 minutes or until crisp.
Step 4: Let them cool completely before grinding them into a fine powder.
Step 5: Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder, a pinch of saffron strands, and a pinch of nutmeg powder to the almond powder and mix well.
Step 6: Store the badam milk powder in an airtight container in a cool and dry place for up to 3 months.## How to Use Badam Milk Powder?
Using badam milk powder is simple and convenient. You can use it to make hot or cold drinks or desserts anytime you want. Here are some ways to use badam milk powder:
- To make hot badam milk, boil 1 cup of milk in a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of badam milk powder. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour into a cup and enjoy.
- To make cold badam milk, blend 1 cup of chilled milk with 2 tablespoons of badam milk powder and some ice cubes. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- To make badam kheer, boil 4 cups of milk in a heavy-bottomed pan and add 1/4 cup of badam milk powder. Stir well and cook on low heat until the milk reduces to half. Add 1/4 cup of sugar and cook for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle some almonds over it and enjoy it warm or chilled.
- To make badam halwa, heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a non-stick pan and add 1/2 cup of badam milk powder. Roast on low heat for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water and cook on medium heat until the halwa leaves the sides of the pan. Transfer to a greased plate and cut into pieces.
- To make badam kulfi, boil 2 cups of milk in a saucepan and add 1/4 cup of badam milk. Stir well and cook on low heat until the milk thickens. Add 1/4 cup of condensed milk and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into kulfi molds and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold and serve.
Where to Buy Badam Milk?
If you don’t have time or ingredients to make badam milk powder at home, you can buy it from the market. There are many brands of badam milk powder available in supermarkets, online stores, or specialty shops. Some of the popular brands are:
- MTR Badam Drink Mix
- Patanjali Badam Pak
- Nestle Everyday Badam Milk Mix
- Hamdard Rooh Afza Badam Zafran
- Haldiram’s Badam Milk
When buying badam milk, make sure to check the ingredients list, expiry date, and nutritional information on the label. Avoid products that have artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or added sweeteners.
Also read Rice Appe Recipe
Tips and Tricks to Enjoy Badam Milk Powder
Here are some tips and tricks to enjoy badam milk powder in different ways:
- You can adjust the amount of badam milk according to your taste and preference. Sugar or honey can be added as per your liking for a sweeter flavor.
- You can add some chopped nuts, dried fruits, rose petals, or saffron strands to your badam milk for extra crunch and flavor.
- You can use almond milk instead of regular milk to make your badam milk vegan and dairy-free.
- You can use badam milk to flavor your coffee, tea, smoothies, oatmeal, or cereals.
- You can use badam milk to make cakes, cookies, muffins, pancakes, or waffles.
Badam milk powder is a delicious and nutritious drink that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It is rich in protein, calcium, vitamin E, antioxidants, and other nutrients that benefit your brain, heart, diabetes, bones, digestion, and skin health. It is easy to make at home or buy from the market and can be used to make hot or cold drinks or desserts. It offers a lot of flexibility and can be used for different purposes.
We hope this beginner’s guide has helped you learn more about the benefits and uses of badam milk powder. Try it today and share your feedback
The answer is that badam milk powder is healthy. It provides a plentiful supply of vital nutrients like protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Badam milk powder can strengthen bones, help with weight loss, improve brain function, and support heart health. Additionally, it might promote vitality and enhance skin health. To improve general wellbeing, adding Badam milk powder to your diet can be useful.
You are able to consume Badam milk every day as part of a healthy diet. It is a great and healthy drink option due to its nutrient-rich composition, which includes proteins, healthy fats, and vital vitamins. Regularly consuming badam milk has a number of advantages, including stronger bones, greater brain function, and improved heart health. Moderation is essential, however, as excessive consumption can result in extra calories. Adding a daily dose of Badam milk can be enjoyable and healthy.
Yes, badam milk can help the digestive system. Almonds and milk have a calming impact on the digestive tract, which helps to reduce acidity and indigestion. The beverage’s high fiber and healthy fat content may help to encourage regular bowel motions and preserve gut health. Furthermore, the necessary minerals found in Badam milk improve general digestive health. Individual responses may differ, though, and it’s important to eat it in moderation because an excessive amount may cause discomfort in some people.
Yes, badam milk is good for your skin. Vitamin E and antioxidants from almonds, which are rich in the drink, can nourish and protect the skin from damage caused by oxidation. These nutrients help to retain skin suppleness, reduce aging symptoms, while promoting glowing skin. The natural moisturizing qualities of milk also help to maintain moisturized and soft skin. A delicious method to enhance skin health and obtain a bright complexion is by consuming badam milk.
Considering the fact that badam milk contains antioxidants and vitamins E, it has not been scientifically proven to lighten skin. In addition to food, complicated elements like heredity and environmental effects also play a role in skin whitening. Consider maintaining a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet, good skincare, and sun protection rather than focusing primarily on skin lightening. These routines can support the general health of your skin while promoting a beautiful and even tone.